[Sca-cooks] Re: Debatable Crown

Phil Troy/ G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Tue Dec 31 17:17:42 PST 2002

Also sprach Stefan li Rous:
>Jadwiga Zajaczkowa commented:
>>>As an additional aside, I knew, then Count Torgul, now Duke Torgul between
>>>those crowns.  He was so bitter about it that he stopped fighting and put
>>>all of his energy into his other interests which included jewelry.
>>
>>Lucan van Drakenclaue has won one more crown tourney than he has reigned--
>>the first time he won crown, he went out to the car to get his stuff and
>>discovered that he had never sent his membership renewal in.
>
>Did he then turn around and declare this? If so, then I think you have to
>give him credit for doing so.

Yes and yes. There was some sentiment to the effect that he should be
given the benefit of the doubt. I forget who actually won that
tourney, finally.

>  It might or might not have been discovered
>later. Crown tournaments often seem to be the anti-thesis of what the SCA
>is supposedly based upon.

I believe the seneschal of each kingdom is required to do a
membership check on the tourney winner and consort; it would almost
certainly have been detected eventually.

>Which Kingdom is Lucan from/in?

Lucan has ruled several times in the East and, once, I think, in
Aethelmearc, IIRC. Stefan, Lucan and Jana were on the thrones of the
East a year ago, when you were at East Kingdom Twelfth Night.

Adamantius