SC - Thanksgiving

Christine A Seelye-King mermayde at juno.com
Sun Dec 1 09:00:46 PST 2002

I used powdered ginger, adding it for a little 'zing' when I was making
the stuffing.  Let's see, quantities.  Hmm, well, I used one apple, some
breadcrumbs (sorry, didn't measure, I was cooking, not documenting!) and
I added some broth to moisten it.  For a lamb, I would add garlic and
leave out the cranberries, or maybe not, depending on my mood that day.
However, since being trained by a Moroccan Head Waiter about garlic on
lamb, it is not possible for me to omit it now.  ;)
This whole thing was inspired by a rolled chicken loaf with cranberry and
apple stuffing we saw at Sam's Club, to which I (and the guys in my
house) said "I can make that!".
Christianna

On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 17:22:41 -0000 "Olwen the Odd"
<olwentheodd at hotmail.com> writes:
> I made a stuffed pork loin.  I peeled
> >the loin (cut it in a circular way, flattening it out to re-roll
> with stuffing) and then made a stuffing of granny smith apples, dried
> >cranberries, crushed hazelnuts, bread and ginger.  I rolled it up
> androasted it until done,
>
> This sounds really good.  Did you use candied ginger, powder or
> grated  fresh?  What was the quantity of apples/bread?  I gotta try
this.  I
> have a leg quarter of lamb I am making for Christmas and this sounds
like a
> likely choice for side stuffing.
>
> Olwen, who responded privately for that picture

Picture on it's way!