[Sca-cooks] BoD request and sideboard fingerfood

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Mon Feb 4 21:48:59 PST 2002

Regina Romsey said:
> I was at the recent BoD meeting here in Portland, and I can tell you that
> these people would rather do anything than raise membership rates!  They
> know it may well lose more money than it will bring in.  Take a look at the
> www.sca.org website and GIVE THEM INPUT!  As one member said, "there are
> only a few of us, and 25,000 in the paid membership.  Surely there are some
> great ideas out there we haven't thought of!"

I happen to agree with you. The current BoD and the ones for a number
of years have been a lot more willing to listen than the BoD we had
back in 1994. I remember that year all too well. Unfortunately, I've
already see what I consider to be unfounded commentary on the
Anstoerra list about the BoD.

> Come on and be part of the solution.

Wish I had the solution. Right now I'm still trying to figure out
which of the listed options I dislike the least.

> On a food topic, the "medieval finger food at the after the BoD revel was
> fantastic and kept coming from 3:30 pm to 10:30.  Period food can come in
> small and delicious packages!

Could you list some of these? And perhaps say which ones you liked
the best?  Since you weren't running this sideboard, I doubt you
have the recipes, but your descriptions would be nice.
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net