[Sca-cooks] coconut milk was Almond milk OOP

Louise Smithson smithson at mco.edu
Wed Feb 6 13:26:54 PST 2002

My favorite use for coconut milk (other than in Thai  Red Curry, Thai
Green curry, Tom Ka Gar (chicken and lemon grass soup) is as a the basis
of a quick and easy peanut sauce for satay.
½ can coconut milk, warmed over the heat, stir in about 1 teaspoon red
curry paste (to taste), 2 tablespooon creamy peanut butter (or more or
less, until it is nicely thick and peanutty), heat gently (don't boil or
it all goes horribly wrong), just before serving add a squirt of lime
juice.  Yum.
Oh yeah you need marinade for satay: sugar lots, turmeric some, ground
cumin middling, lime juice lots and lots, fish sauce a good couple of
squirts.  (sorry I can't be specific, I never measure).  Chop meat, toss
in marinade.  Leave a while, thread onto skewers, broil/grill, serve
with rice and lots of sauce.
Helewyse