[Sca-cooks] Cooking Shows

Kim Schab madchefla at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 13:16:20 PST 2002

A quick note, 'cause I'm prepping for Estrella and on
the interview road.

I miss Baker's Dozen on Food Network (they had a lot
of different bakers on).  And I actually enjoy Martin
Yan a lot.  I met him at the ACF convention last year
and used a lot of his material for a research paper on
China (40 pages, everyone else gets to do Tuscany, or
Brittany, me I get ALL of China).  Yan is a very
smart, nice guy.  And really is very funny.
Used to watch Iron Chef on an LA Asian station with
one of the Japanese girls from school.  Now THAT was
funny...her translating and then both of us
deteriorating into "faux" translations using Julia
Child accents.  It's just not the same now.

Al

=====
"Optimism is a force multiplier."  Colin Powell

Always remember, stressed is just desserts spelled backwards :)