[Sca-cooks] Good Huswife's Jewell recipes, Typos

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Sun Feb 10 10:44:46 PST 2002

Elizabeth wrote:
> Does he earlier say anything about crusts on all these tarts?

OK, he doesn't say anything *earlier* but he does say some stuff later.
Specifically:

To make a fine paste

Take faire flower and wheate & the yolkes of egges with sweet Butter
melted, mixing all these together wtih your hands, til it be brought
dowe paste, & then make your coffins whether it be for pyes or tartes,
then you may put Saffron and suger if you wil have it a sweet paste,
having respect to the true seasoning some use to put to their paste
Beefe or Mutton broth, and some Creame.

If I happen across any more, I'll post them.

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/