[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1408 - 13 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Feb 12 09:55:59 PST 2002

Cool, can I get some cites? I can get my chuckles surfing findlaw at work
[one of the few sites not blocked by some creative nannyware!]
margali

the quote starts here:
Huh, Interesting! My brother does compensation law and has a roomful
of books describing , in a very detached sort of way, legal
precedents and case studies based on, for example, practical jokes
performed by workers at sausage plants in New York State. Seems they
had this cool air compressor for inflating and checking the integrity
of sausage casings, and since sausage casings are intestines, they
decided to "pants" some guy and... .

Well, you probably get the idea... my point is only that in an odd
way, compensation statutes can occasionally be entertaining in a
"Ripley's 'Believe It Or Not'" sort of way. "Jeez, how stupid can
somebody be???" But then statutes and case studies are different.

Adamantius