[Sca-cooks] A small dinner party (OOP)

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Sat Feb 16 14:35:24 PST 2002

Well, I'm getting ready to hold a small dinner party with Finnebhir.  Not
period, but going to be interesting enough :-)  Just spent a fortune on
foodstuff and wines, but that's besides the point.

I'll be taking and posting pictures of the dishes if any of you is
interested (why can I hear Olwen here?) :-)

February 17, 2002
Menu

Terrine de foie gras à l’armagnac

Wine:  Chateau Gravas 1997  Sauternes

*****

Napoléon de légumes grillés, sauce pesto
  (Layered, grilled vegetables, pesto sauce)

Wine:   Choice of Domaine Michel Girard 2000  Sancerre
Or
D’arenberg The Footbolt Old Vine Shiraz  1998

*****

Cailles en sarcophage, sauce marchand de vin
  (Quails in puff pastry, red wine sauce)

Wine:  Château le Grand Sigognac Médoc, 1998

*****

Some kind of apple cake with Calvados (missing details from Finnebhir at
this point)

*****

After meal drinks:  Warre’s 1987 Vintage Port
Selection of Single Malt Scotch

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom