[Sca-cooks] again from Purgatory

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Feb 20 01:31:46 PST 2002

Greetings again!

I had made a description of the verbal, er, thrust I might make on
someone so bold as to tell me my tunic was wrong, and added:

> > And someone would send for Edouard, who would retrieve me
> > and carry me off muttering "Last time I let _you_ out of camp before you
> > finish your tea!"

to which Edouard of course had to say-

> I doubt I could even get you out of camp before your tea.

Oh? But my love, I leave camp sans tea at least once, early, when I am
least likely to be polite, and most likely to have no humour about my
clothing. Especially if it is raining and there is a line.

And as regards teh Blue and Yellow box, he sez:

> I've yet to see any documentation that _macaroni_ in it's modern shape
> is historic. Pasta and cheese, yes, I've seen enough of that, mostly a
> flat, wide noodle like modern lasagne. ANd not covered in processed
> cheddar, American, or Velveta.

Cartwheels? Dinosaurs? Spaceships? Footballs? I have a vague memory of
Wookie-shaped pasta, but perhaps I'm lucky and just hallucinating
that...

Pasta is pretty easy to make flat. How far back do pasta extruders and
such go? Master A? Phlip? Y'all know about that sort of thing? What
about manicotti? Ziti? And long skinny spaghetti?

Damn. Now I'm hungry again. WOnder what's in the pantry?

'Lainie