[Sca-cooks] gardening files in the Florilegium

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Feb 19 23:17:32 PST 2002

Serena da Riva commented:
> This has gotten too long, hasn't it? I am terribly sorry. I will mention
> that my other major SCA interest is Gardening and it fits very nicely with
> the cooking.

No, I don't think your message was long at all. You are apparently
familar with the Florilegium already, but just in case you haven't
seen the files there on gardening, here are a few. These are in
the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section:
gardens-msg       (17K)  9/ 9/99    Medieval gardens. flowers.
gardening-bib      (9K)  6/ 3/99    Bibliography on medieval gardening
                                       by Raisya Khorivovna.
gardening-bks-bib  (3K)  5/25/01    Various gardening bibliographies. Reviews.
gardening-msg     (17K)  2/29/00    Period and modern gardening techniques.
p-agriculture-bib (19K)  3/23/99    Bibliography of period agricultural
                                       practices by Laurie Brandt (Pegasus)
p-herbals-msg     (39K)  1/10/01    Period herb books. Modern editions.
Palladius-art     (41K) 11/18/99    Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.
Pattrn-gardns-art (12K) 10/13/00    "Parterres and the Jardins Potager in the
                                       Current Middle Ages" by Akim Yaroslavich.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net