[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1453 - 16 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Fri Feb 22 05:13:48 PST 2002

Nowdays it wouldn't be that daunting a task, just that she had to have the
exotic food shipped from France to Denmark [?]

http://www.lapoule.com/babette.htm
La Poule a Dents is located on Main Street in Norwich, Vermont. Only one
mile from Hanover, New Hampshire, click on  Directions for a map.

The Menu
Babette's Feast
Consomme of Turtle
Amontillado Sherry
Blinis Demidoff
VEUVE CLICQUOT PONSARDIN BRUT, Reims, N.V.
Quail en Sarcophage
CLOD DE VOUGEOT GRANDE CRU
Endive Salade
Assorted Cheeses
Baba au Rhum with Candied Fruits
Coffee or Tea

And this was on the first page of google!
Norwich may take, what 4 or 5 hours to drive to from where we live in CT...
margali

the quote starts here:
> >heck, I'd like the menu from Babette's Feast [but with a slightly
different
> >selection of wines, something from THIS century...]
>
> Funny that, I made the whole meal for a class project once.  Don't have my
> notes on it with me, all back in storage in Canada :-(

When the movie came out several restaurants offered a duplicate meal.
No idea how pricey it was.

--Perronnelle