[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1460 - 17 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Fri Feb 22 05:42:29 PST 2002

Please tell me you are within driving distance of Connecticut and will take
TriCare...I am so bloody sick of the hacks that the Nevy has staffing their
base hospital here in Groton!!!!!

How about OTC strength tylenol after surgery to remove a tumor...the only
sensible thing they did was let me go home that night and have my husband
granted leave to change dressings and maintain me [cross trained as a medic]
so I didn'thave to endure the military barraks style hospital ward stay.

margali
the quote starts here:
For pain due to inflammation, Advil and company are by far the best choice,
since they go directly to the root cause of the pain. Tylenol is a much
better antipyretic/febrifuge, and the only indication for which I routinely
recommend acetaminophen is fever. Most of the low-potency narcotics aren't
worth the trouble; in patients who can't take NSAIDs or fail them, I usually
skip the Tylenol #3/Vicodin/Lortab and go straight for the Percocet.

Avraham haRofeh (that's "the physician" if you don't know Hebrew <grin>)