[Sca-cooks] Chez Rue

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 22 07:08:27 PST 2002

I wanted to share last nights prank with you all.

I was supposed to cook dinner for my two cohorts, Alainne and Hans, but had
heard rumblings the night before from Alainne that she may not make it.
Well, no worries, we can usually talk her into it so I made a big pot of
Paella and got some peeps and some wasabi peas and some spanish pineapple
cookies.  Hans arrived.  I sent him out to the hall to play on the coaster
stool while I transferred the pot from stove-top to oven.  When he came back
in I suggested we call Alainne since she wasn't there yet.  We did.  She
said she wasn't coming cuz coming to my place was like being sucked into an
alternate universe that one didn't want to leave and she was writing up a
test for her class and couldn't *not* do that.  Hans scrubbed the mussels
and clams and set them and the shrimp in the pot with a little more liquid
and returned it to the oven while we played with the spin gun and laughed.
We checked the paella once and it needed a few minutes more.  Hans said he
thought we should take some to Alainne cuz, after all, she *did* need some
supper!  I said, gee, we should take a table and chairs and feastgear and
set up on her front porch then call her down for supper! And that is what we
did.  The hardest part was not doing our usual 10 decebel laughter while we
set up, complete with candle and wine.  Hans called her and asked if she
could step out for just a minute.  Her look was priceless.  A couple of
hours later a neighbor came out and asked us to hush.  Well, we packed up
and Hans drove me back to the warehouse and after he washed the dishes
(thanks Hans) we played a little frizbee in the hallway till we realized it
was the middle of the night then he went home.  Damn.  We were supposed to
make truffles last night.

Never say no to us.  We _will_ find a way to have fun with it!

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild