[Sca-cooks] Omelette for Harlots and Ruffians was Re: rice with orange juice

Fri Feb 22 14:26:25 PST 2002

Here yah go.  This is from an old post I have hanging around.

Bear

Sic fac fritatem de pomeranciis

Recipe ova percussa, cum pomeranciis ad libitum tuum, et extrahe inde sucum,
et mitte ad illa ova cum zucaro; post reipe oleum olive, vel segimine, et
fac califieri in patella, et mitte illa ova intus. Et erit pro ruffianis et
leccatricibus

Orange Omelette for Harlots and Ruffians (translated by Redon et al "The
Medieval Kitchen)

How to make an orange omelette - Take eggs and break them, with oranges, as
many as you like; squeeze their juice and add to it the eggs with sugar;
then take olive oil or fat, and heat it in the pan and add the eggs. This
was for ruffians and braken harlots