[Sca-cooks] Lactose problems

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 16:03:18 PST 2002

This just came across on Chirurgeon's List. Since
we've had the recent discussion about lactose and milk
problems, thought I'd send this along as a heads up
for those of you with the sensitivity to deal with.

Phlip

Another allergy/sensitivity is Lactose.  And this is
an inactive
ingredient to alot of meds these days.  I worked at a
Women's clinic
many yrs ago and helped the RN practioner with this.
She asked me to
use the PDR and find out which BC had lactose as a
filler.  I did and
out of all the choices only one drug company DID NOT
use lactose in
their BC.  That company was Searle.
It is surprising to many people to find out they are
either lactose
intolerant or sensitive.  And with all the meds that
use it as a
filler are just aggravating the problem in very small
doses.  So
always ask your Dr. for the package insert to read all
the
ingredients, if you know you have this sensitivity/
allergy.

Geni

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,