[Sca-cooks] Re: Meat was Question from a newbie

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Feb 27 22:49:33 PST 2002

Yrmegard asked:
> What I would like to know is when did they start to make sausages. It's the
> thing I have to talk about in any case.

Probably pre-history.  I think we have sausage recipes from Rome.
You might want to check this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the
Florilegium:
sausages-msg     (104K) 10/31/00    Period sausages. Making sausage.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausages-msg.html

And if you wish to try making your own:
sausage-makng-msg (28K) 10/31/00    Sausage making techniques. Supplies.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/sausage-makng-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net