[Sca-cooks] Sources of Protein

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Feb 28 15:22:21 PST 2002

Hi, I'm hoping y'all can help me with brainstorming.

A small minority of fighters complain that our summer event dayboard
doesn't have the protein they need because they won't eat eggs or cheese
(the two proteins we tend to put out) while they are fighting.
Now, yes, I know they are whining. But I like to accomodate people if I
can. (I've already got plans for sugar free drink options, all right?)

Chicken was what I had in mind, but roasting and cutting up 100 lbs of
chicken into little bits and then keeping them carefully refrigerated to
serve in very small bowls is going to be a hassle I'm beginning to
think I'd rather do without.

Nuts are out because of nut allergies (people tend to eat this dayboard
with their hands, btw, which means spreading of oils all over the place).
(Yes, I could do that, but it would mean fighting with ANOTHER group of
militants...)

The fighters of the East develop snouts and little curly tails-- and
sometimes tusks-- in the presence of beef, ham, or sausage so I don't
think we can afford enough to be sure everyone gets a little!

What protein sources am I overlooking?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa