[Sca-cooks] SCA-Cooks at Pennsic

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Fri Feb 1 10:09:25 PST 2002

> Well, it hasn't been decided yet. So far, it's always
> been held on Tuesday of War Week (the week you're
> planning to be there) but the first one didn't have
> the date set until after half of us had arrived (I'm
> Land Agent for our Household, and am there the entire
> War). If we use the Orluk Hafla tent, we'll have to
> change to either Monday or Wednesday because it's
> already reserved for both Tuesdays. I've been thinking
> of suggesting we change the usual day because we've
> always conflicted with Aethelmark Court, and I think
> it might be nice to give Aethelmark a break, but I
> suspect it will take some discussion yet.
>
> I tend to discount Stefan's suggestion that the Hafla
> tent is too hard to find because almost every ME
> persona at Pennsic shows up there for classes and
> such, and it's listed as a frequent A&S location, but
> others may feel differently.
>
> Anybody else want to express an opinion?

I can find the Hafla tent really easily - it's right on the point
catty-corner to us on the lake :)  One of these days, we'll just build a
bridge...  For those who don't know where it is, walk downhill until you
can't walk any further without getting wet, then walk the path around
the lake until you hear drumming and see more belly buttons than you
would find at the Jersey Shore.

Wednesday night is also the Hell party, which is a close neighbor to
Orluk Oasis, makeing for a less than peaceful meal.  I vote Monday.

-Magdalena
who arrived on site too late on Tuesday last year to make it :(