[Sca-cooks] pates, spreads - modern processed/altered foods

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 13:17:14 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/31/2002 3:27:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mschulte at mcw.edu writes:

> On this topic, I was wondering where feast stewards purchase the bulk foods
> for their creations?

Local farmer's market, BJ's wholesale club, supermarkets as needed for stuff
I can't get at either of the previous.  We've a local supermarket chain
called Stauffer's of Kissel Hill which has very good produce, often local, as
well as an excellent butcher department which will special-cut meats for no
extra charge.  They also carry some items such as rice flour which can be
hard to find otherwise - a significant portion of their clientele is Amish or
Mennonite, so they stock things those groups use.

I'd love to be able to use all free-range, organic stuff, and from as close
to heirloom as I can, but the lack of sun on my garden means it won't
cooperate (I really wish my neighbors would take that darn tree down!), and
the cost of buying that sort of stuff would double feast costs.  Although
another shire member is palnning gardens for this year, and has offered me
space in them if I help with preparing the beds...and his backyard gets
almost full sun!

Brangwayna Morgan