[Sca-cooks] To bake a tarte of prunes (redaction and questions)

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 14:56:48 PST 2002

--- Tara Sersen Boroson <tboroson at netcarrier.com>
wrote:
> Here's a wacky idea.  Can anybody fill me in on
> terminology here?  When
> we think of "prunes" we think of dried plums, not
> fresh ones.

Slow down, folks ;-) We've discussed this before.
Prunes and plums are two different critters. I think
we found that all prunes are plums, but not all plums
are prunes, but it's been a while. Stefan, did you
happen to put that in the Florilegium?

Think you might be right, though, Magdelena. Prunes,
being semi dried and preserved are what is called for
here- unless the original does specify plums as an
alternative?

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,