[Sca-cooks] German Cuisine circa 14-1500

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 19:23:34 PST 2002

--- Vladimir Armbruster skrev:

>     Could someone perhaps provide me with good
> sources of information for German Cuisine around
> 14-1500 AD?  Perhaps some recipes and sources if you
> have such things?  It would be greatly appreciated
> (and if ya know any romany, that as well).

Go to Stefan's Florilegium at:

http://www.florilegium.org/

If you look at the slider on the left, you'll see a
List of general files- go to "Food by region". When
you shift over there, he has a whole bunch of files on
Medieval German cooking, and most of them contain
specific references and/or urls. You should find
anything we've discussed here on Cook's List on the
topic there.

I suggest you familiarize yourself with his files-
they're pretty well organized, and they'll generally
give you information about anything you might think to
ask ;-)

If you'll notice, all of us, including him, will joke
about his files, but by the same token, we'll answer
his questions carefully because we know that
sometimes, he may think he knows the answer, but is
looking for information to help fill out a file.

Hope this helps ;-)

Phlip, who sometimes wonders if some of these folks
discovering Stefan's files will ever get lost and not
come back......

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,