[Sca-cooks] Duck bones, and other parts

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 07:16:52 PST 2002

>Olwen said:
> > Stefan, I have not seen the bones so I cann't answer your question
> > precisely.  I do suspect that there is still some clinging meat bits and
> > perhaps grissle.  I do plan on getting some of the duck bones in the
>future
> > and at that time I shall report back to the group if anyone is
>interested.
>
>Yes, thanks. Gorgeous also mentioned that there would still be small
>bits of meat on the bones. Then are the bones shipped to you refrigerated?
>I thought this place did mail order. So I thought the bones had been
>cleaned. I don't see how they would keep the meat that was still on
>the bones from rotting and making a mess, unless they were kept
>refrigerated or preserved some how. Seems like a real waste though
>to "can" the duck bones or some such.
>
>Or are these duck bones not mailed out?
>
>--
>THLord Stefan li Rous    Barony of Bryn Gwlad    Kingdom of Ansteorra

Don't know how you got the impression the place was mail order.  It's just a
local place that supplies mostly hotels but will also deal with the regular
public as walk-ins.  The do deliver to hotels by refrigerated truck.  Their
price for lamb was much higher than we found in other places, I can tell you
that.
Olwen