[Sca-cooks] Introduction...

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 4 10:20:15 PST 2002

--- "Mark.S Harris" <mark.s.harris at motorola.com>

http://www.florilegium.org/files/CLOTHING/cross-dressng-msg.html

> Although not on period stuff, some folks here might
> also be
> interested in this file:
> SCA-gays-msg      (16K)  9/17/98    Acceptance of
> Gays and Lesbians in
> the SCA.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/SCA-SOCIOLOGY/SCA-gays-msg.html

Hey, Mishe ;-)

You may also consider taking on an Elizabethan actor's
persona, considering how much acting you've been doing
lately. If you recall, women weren't allowed on the
stage in Shakespeare's time, so the female roles were
acted by young men. In some of the plays, therefore,
when a young lady would pretend to be a young man,
what you would actually have, is a young man
pretending too be a young woman pretending to be a
young man....

Phlip, who gave up even thinking about gender and
preference during Pennsic XXV and the Quest, when,
after half a bottle of good single malt, she had a
conversation with a person self-described as a partial
transexual homosexual.... for one thing, what
combintion of physical attributes would make anyone
the same sex as this gentleperson? Where's the scotch......

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,