[Sca-cooks] Muiredach's snowed in, was: Numbers, pates, and spreads...

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Mon Feb 4 10:50:51 PST 2002

> I vote for reindeer<snicker>, at least they can be stopped. How do you stop
> runaway dogs?

That's what his service dog is for - she'll keep them in line!  But, the
reindeer are easier to store in the off-season - chop 'em down to steaks
and keep them in the freezer ;)

> I crawled out this a.m. and the mare is looking at me through a snowy
> forelock grumbling "Okay, why did YOU do this?"  Here in southern NM, we
> don't get much snow and I thought it was over.<sigh> Anyway, it's pretty in
> limited doses.

My dog, Cooper, who we figured wouldn't like the cold at all because
he's so lean and has a super short, flat coat (German Shorthair
Pointer,) turns out to be a snow fiend.  It was snowing an hour ago, so
I opened the door to let him out.  He took one look and barreled through
the screen door before I could open it (99% of the time he wouldn't dare
push the screen door open himself - he knows the rules very well.)  He
got out to the middle of the yard, stopped short and looked around
confused, because it was *snowing* but there was no snow on the ground!
  How could this be??

OOP food content: Anybody else here home-cook for their pets?  I recall
that we had a conversation about home-cooking treats a few months ago,
but I don't remember who, if anybody, actually home-cooks regularly.

-Magdalena