[Sca-cooks] Knives

Gorgeous Muiredach muiredach at bmee.net
Mon Feb 4 19:52:01 PST 2002

At 03:35 PM 2/4/2002, you wrote:
>On the very tender subject of knives...
>
>I've come to the conclusion it's personal preference.

I'd have to agree with that.  Me, I go even further.  I like different
brands for different tasks.  I have a Henckels 4 Stars as a chef knife
(10", surprise surprise), I have a Henckels Brazil as a paring knife.  I
have a Trident Whustoff as a filet knife (sweeeeet, and supple).  My boning
knife is a Henckels 4 Stars.  My bread knife is a Victorinox.  I used to
have a couple Sabatier for different tasks, but they got stolen along the way.

Some people *love* ceramic blade knives, I can't abide the things.

More important than the actual brand of knife you have, ya got to keep the
thing *sharp*.  Quality will help with that, of course, but it happens
sometimes that a cheap(er) knife will be fairly easy to maintain.

For those interested in the butchering class, BTW, I'll be providing a list
of different knives and price range you can use to acquire your own before
the class.  This last should come out sometime in May.

Gorgeous Muiredach
Rokkehealden Shire
Middle Kingdom
aka