[Sca-cooks] Middle Eastern Food

Jaime Declet jjdeclet at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 06:23:39 PST 2002

As much as I remember his main thing was the it was too soupy and not sour enough.  I recall him  straining the yogurt overnight on the counter with cloth and that it would be thicker and then he would whip it to make it much more creamy. But most of the time he used Sour Cream, I guess it was a shortcut.  Will it be OK to substitute yogurt with sour cream?  I guess my concern is is Sour Cream now closer than yogurt then?  Several people mentioned the fact that goat and sheep milk was used this is totally correct.  Both milks are much stronger than cow's milk thus rendering much stronger byproducts.
Jaime