[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Tue Feb 5 08:45:00 PST 2002

In a message dated 2/5/2002 9:28:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jjdeclet at yahoo.com writes:

> Is this almond milk in cans sweetened?  Could almond milk be replaced with
> almond flavored cow's milk?  I know this is not period but it might help in
> a bind.

The commercial almond milk I've seen has been boxed (and not refrigerated)
rather than canned.  Many of them do seem to be sweetened somewhat.  I'm not
sure almond-flavored cow's milk would substitute appropriately - almond milk
looks like cow's milk to a certain extent, but doesn't necessarily behave the
same way - and is not strongly almond-flavored, at least to my taste.

Brangwayna Morgan