[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Feb 6 09:37:24 PST 2002

Randy Goldberg MD wrote:

> Hmmmm.... I need to make "rice in almond milk" for 75 for a feast on
> Saturday. I'm estimating a need for about 12 quarts of almond milk on the
> basis of the recipe I have... looks like you're getting almost a gallon (16
> cups) from half a pound of almonds? How do you make your almond milk? If you
> can get that quantity, then it's certainly a LOT cheaper to make it
> myself... I just hope the store will let me return what I bought....

Before he jumps up to say it (the man's gotta sleep sometime) check out
Stefan's 'Florilegium'    http://www.florilegium.org/   in the first
'food' section there is a file of info on almond milk that has recipes,
instructions, and info on skinning the damn things!

Get familiar with that website- everything in the world is there, and
you can save yourself alot of time if you loo there first...

'Lainie
wolfing down food so I can take meds and have a little peace...