[Sca-cooks] Correction and apology

Kirrily Robert skud at infotrope.net
Tue Feb 5 08:52:14 PST 2002

Avraham wrote:
> In a previous message, I stated:
>> My current boyfriend got me back involved when we started dating last
> summer -
>> for those of you who know her, he's an apprentice to Contessa Mistress
>> Isabella of York.
>
> I am informed (by Her Excellency herself) that "apprentice" is a protected
> term. Christos is NOT Isabella's formal apprentice, merely her student. My
> apologies to her sole male apprentice (and his lady!).

News to me.  It's not in corpora, and to the best of my knowledge is not
reserved under Kingdom law of any Kingdom I know.  If someone chooses to
call some people apprentices and some students, then fair enough, but
don't confuse the matter by letting people think that it's an official
title sanctioned SCA-wide.  Next thing you know, you'll be saying I
can't wear this green belt!

Yours,

Katherine

katherine at infotrope.net  http://infotrope.net/sca/