[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Potluck, and Courtesy

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 15:06:24 PST 2002

--- Olwen the Odd skrev:
> This is true.  We have a large hospitality pavillion
> with tables and chairs,
> an large pavillion over a super equipped kitchen
> complete with pig cooker,
> rings, griddles, we have plenty of cooking and
> cleaning facilities and we
> are conveniently located next to the shower house at
> the bottom of RuneStone
> hill at the wagon stop.  Some of you have been to
> our camp.

This would be an option. My thought on moving the
Potluck, has been to move it to a friendlier
environment, and if the Hafla tent isn't acceptable,
perhaps Olwen's camp might be.

I don't know if anyone else noticed at this last
Potluck, but I was disturbed by the lack of courtesy I
observed. Once someone said, "Let's eat", everyone
jammed the tables to such an extent, that I had
trouble adding some of the food we had brought, and
further difficulty getting a plate loaded for a gentle
who had arrived in a wheelchair. When at last I was
ready to get myself something to eat, all the plastic
plates and such SPCA had brought had disappeared,
despite the fact that we brought extras. I have no
objection to the folk who brought no food or feast
gear joining us, but I do have strong objections to
the lack of courtesy and forethought displayed by
others among us who had had some warning of the nature
of the meeting.

My thought is that if the Potluck were held in a more
friendly, and perhaps private, environment, perhaps
more courtesy might be displayed.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,