[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 10:47:44 PST 2002

>Hey Olwen- I've been wondering- Could you uses the almond sawdust from
>almond milk to make marzipan? Or doesn't it work anymore? Just curious.
>
>'Lainie

Good question 'Lainie.  I honestly haven't tried but I would not think it
would work given that not only the flavor had been depleted buy I imagine it
went away with the oil.  The oil is essential in marzipan.  I suppose if one
were quite short of cash one could possibly get one good squeeze out of the
almonds and then turn them into marzipan.  Perhaps if one added back some
almond oil to the mash...but I am just guessing here.  Someday I may have to
try it.
Olwen