[Sca-cooks] Almond Milk...place to find it

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Feb 6 14:10:37 PST 2002

As to what they did with the leftover almonds
from making almond milk...
I suspect that any large kitchen had a number of
small boys (turnspits, etc.) who probably were
starved enough to eat such leavings as these...
eating afterall was one of the benefits of the job.

The other thing that comes to mind would be to
incorporate it all into a broth base for a soup
for invalids. I doubt that it was wasted.

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway