[Sca-cooks] 50 years of Queen Elizabeth II

Glenda Robinson glendar at compassnet.com.au
Wed Feb 6 14:30:00 PST 2002

Thanks Thorbjorn,

In Australia the populace likes her so much we voted to not become a
republic recently. And there's the added bonus of her wonderful 101yo
mother.

Just a bit of a point of order, though - the British monarchy has been
uninterrupted since Charles II - if a monarch dies, the new monarch is
immediately in place - heard it on a documentary about St Georges chapel
last night - the garter knight's banners are removed when they die, but the
monarch's banner stays put.

Glenda.