[Sca-cooks] For those new to cooking

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 12:21:39 PST 2002

--- Angie Malone <alm4 at cornell.edu> wrote:

>>I like Mario (the one that does Molto Mario)  he's
>>explained a lot of
>>cooking techniques I knew very little about or even
>>why, like braising.  I
>>also love italian food so that's probably part of
>>it.

>I have nothing personal against Mario- he seems to be
>very knowledgeable. I just happen to have trouble
>taking him seriously because he reminds me of nothing
>so much as a chipmunk, and watching a chipmunk cook
>Italian food is.....interesting ;-)

I like Mario when he's doing the Molto Mario show, but his Mario eats Italy
is horrible.  The guy they have that is his "friend" Rooney, is the same
"evil chef guy" on Good Eats (Alton Brown).  Thus, I realize that the whole
thing is staged, so I get bored immediately.

I don't know if anyone else likes him, but I really like Jamie Oliver's
"Naked Chef" series because he does simple recipes.  If you can get over the
camera constantly moving and his heavy use of slang (and I believe it's Dame
Selene that says he reminds her of one of the characters from "A Clockwork
Orange") then I think you can learn a ton of great things from him.  He
definitly makes the stuff look fun to make as well...good pukka tukka, mate!
:)  (Yeay, pastie-face english boys!)

--Arte