[Sca-cooks] frugal gourmet

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 7 18:52:46 PST 2002

Historically, this is a little questionable.  The influx of Greek bakers
begins about the time the Romans defeat Macedonia but before their advance
into Greece proper at the end of the Third Punic War.  They weren't slaves,
but commercial bakers looking for a market.  A number of them appear to have
migrated from Greek colonies.

It was the commercial bakers, not the slaves, who controlled the bread
production in Rome.

Bear