[Sca-cooks] tv slingers of hash

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 8 13:05:09 PST 2002

Iron Chef, yeehah!  Here's a comic strip for the IC fans:
http://www.herdthinners.com/2002/0204.html

We have used "Iron Chef" as a sneaky way of getting people interested in period
cooking for three years now in Caid, East and Calontir.  The next Caid match will
be me vs. Baron Jamal in August, Battle Garlic.  Judge positions are determined
by a fundraising raffle.

In other TV chefery:  Emeril Live did a Medieval show once, with some guest
performers from Medieval Times.  The costumes were laughable, but the food was
actually not horrible, someone actually gave Emeril some decent research.
Certainly nobody from Medieval Times!