[Sca-cooks] Weather

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 21:51:31 PST 2002

--- Kim Schab <madchefla at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Okay so it only gets down to the teens here in the
> winter.  But you are all heat wimps!  When it gets
> over 120 degrees call me!

Heat wimps? I don't know about that.... Tell you what,
Alessandra, why don't you join me next Pennsic during
my usual noon to 4 shift, up on the Serengeti, in 90+
heat and equivalent humidity, in front of Chirurgeon's
Point, as I toast my blue-eyed blonde self, with no
sunscreen, only stepping into the shade of the tent to
treat other folks' sunburn and heat stress.

And there are a few on this List who have seen me do
it ;-)

Unfortunately, Duke Andrew, who helped me get some
pre-Pennsic jobs done over a hot forge in similar
conditions is no longer with us, but I'm sure a couple
here on the List saw what I got done. How hot does a
forge get, Johan?

> Alessandra
> (newly confirmed desert rat in the wilds of Las
> Vegas)

BTW, I'm sending you a forward privately- it seems
your new shire wants to make sure SCAdians new to the
area know they're there, and take advantage of their
friendship and support. Apologies if you're already in
contact, but I promised I'd let you know ;-)

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,