[Sca-cooks] OT- Input request from SCA BoD/politics

Vongraph vongraph at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 19:42:22 PST 2002

This newest thing about gee maybe we should raise the fees, gee
> maybe we could just send the tailwinds etc out by computer, gee maybe we
> should just sit with our hands up our butts and do nothing, is so much
bull.
> Why can they simply take a stand and say "if you want to do this, play
with
> us, or enjoy this game, pay your way!".  It was awesome thing for bunchof
> hippies to say we do this and its for free, those days are gone, this is
the
> real world if we are to survive we have to realize that no matter how much
> we think of the daily SCA as a game and hobby, in reality it is a business
> that MUST be viable in the business sense.

<< A quick note on this part, I was told the other day that if the BoD
forced a pay for play rule many people would no longer attend. These are the
people who do not pay to play! they are not members now,  where would the
loss be? The lackof them paying attendence at events would be missed to a
degree but allot fo those folks don't even pay to attend events.  what would
be the loss? A large number of people who are not members, do not pay for
membership are not going to be there to not pay membership?

Elric