[Sca-cooks] Chinese/Cuban resturants

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Sun Feb 10 21:17:45 PST 2002

>Rather than being two seperate cuisines that happened to be served
>in the same resturant, as I at first suspected, given the details
>above I would expect to see more of a melding of Chinese and
>Cuban cooking rather than two distinct cuisines. Was this your
>experience there, Brighid?

That fits my memory of "Asia de Cuba" on the upper west side of
Manhattan c. 1972.

The story I heard, possibly mistaken, was that Chinese refugees from
the communist takeover imprudently fled to Cuba, then when Castro
took over they came to New York. Some people just can't win.
--
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/