[Sca-cooks] FREEZING WINE......

Tara Sersen Boroson tboroson at netcarrier.com
Mon Feb 11 11:11:15 PST 2002

>>I dunno, Phlip.  I've accidentally frozen both beer
>>and wine solid, back
>>in the heady college days of trying to chill
>>beverages quick-like for
>>parties.
>>

> Doubt you froze them solid- if you had, the containers
> would have broken if they were glass or aluminum- I
> have frozen such things solid- I know ;-)

Yes, they were frozen quite solid.  I think the three senior honors
chemistry and chemical engineering students in the house were well
qualified to identify the state of their alcohol ;)   The containers
either popped their lids or broke.  In the case of beer, they usually
popped their lids.  Since we were inclined to buy really cheap wine in
college, they tended to have screw on tops and therefore the bottles broke.

-Magdalena