[Sca-cooks] OT- Woe is me!

bonneoftraquair at netscape.net bonneoftraquair at netscape.net
Mon Feb 11 13:21:09 PST 2002

>> > 5th of February will always be commemorated in my house as Broken
>>Robinson's
>> > Day!
>>think
>> > they'll take OK.
>> > Now for the cooking bit:
>> > <insert sobs here> I can't cook Andrew the soft foods needed for his
>>teeth!
>> > I can't chop or peel with only my off hand! ... I've single-handedly
>>made
>> > some jelly (US jello) for him, and some Milo milk (chocolate vitamin
>>drink),
>> > but I needed help even with that (can't open the press-top tin with one
>> > hand!).

Glenda, tell Wayne to be very careful!

If I were in Andrew's place, I'd get tired of endless sweetened smoothie/milkshake, pudding and jelly variations.  I'd definately want something on the savory side.  Any cooked vegetable and broth through the blendor or food processor would be good.  The texture can range from mashed to soup, depending on his mood. Cooked vegetable and milk makes it 'cream soup'. Let him experiment with combining different vegetables. You can likely add protein powder to these as well.

Pasta cooked to a state otherwise known as overdone, along with pasta sauce or mashed vegetable.

And Glenda, since Andrew's teeth are likely to be in useable condition before your elbow, you need (and will be needing) his help far more than he needs yours! Under your supervision, let him do the chopping, and blending, and opening of press top tins.

Bonne