[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]TUDOR Foods was Who is Martha?

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Feb 12 07:27:07 PST 2002

Early Tudor or late Tudor/Elizabethan?
For Henry VIII--
You should get a copy of Peter Brears'
All the King's Cooks. The Tudor Kitchens
of King henry VIII at Hampton Court Palace.
1999. ISBN: 02850635336.
It's a great examination of the court kitchens
with recipes and photos and advice and history.
It's a great book. Bibliography will help with
other sources.
For Elizabeth--
Madge Lorwin's Dining with William Shakespeare.
1976 Out of print. Check your library.
There are a number of original cookbooks that were
printed 1500-1600 that are available. If you can
narrow the timespan, titles can be provided. Several
are on the internet already. Some are in reprints or
facsimile editions.

Hope this helps.
Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

CorwynWdwd at aol.com wrote:>snipped