[Sca-cooks] OOP - Seeking Latino Seafood Soup Recipe (and name!), 2nd attempt

Jaime Declet jjdeclet at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 09:27:53 PST 2002

 In the Spanish Caribbean fish soup or stew could be refered to as "Caldo de pescado or pescao".  Caldo is really the word for stock but it is used in many other ways.
  Rob Downie <rdownie at icenter.net> wrote: Try "caldeirada". This is just an educated guess, since that name refers
to many fish/seafood stew variations in Portuguese and therefore may be
similar in Spanish.

Faerisa

Philip & Susan Troy wrote:

We also split a large bowl of a seafood soup/stew, and this is reallywhy
I'm posting this. I forgot the name (it started with a "c", yes, this is
a lot to go on), but it was extremely good. It was a fairly light cream
soup, with finely chopped onion cooked soft but not brown, maybe some
rice, it was kind of hard to tell. It also contained some kind of seafood
stock from the shellfish (I'll go into that in just a minute), some kind
of pale yellow coloring, probably annatto and almost certainly neither
saffron nor turmeric, sweet red pepper dice, and cilantro.