[Sca-cooks] OT- Input request from SCA BoD/politics

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Tue Feb 12 22:37:45 PST 2002

Various people are arguing about pay to play. I don't think it has
anything to do with period cooking, so won't join the fray. People
interested in my views, from a long previous round of this argument,
will find them in the Miscellany:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/miscellany_pdf/Matters_of_Opinion.pdf

The relevant part of this is "A Letter" on page 217. It was written
about twenty years ago. The pieces that follow it are relevant to the
more general issue of how our hobby ought to be structured.

For a lot more material on these issues, see the set of letters,
essays and posts webbed at:

http://www.daviddfriedman.com/Medieval/Board_Flap.html

--
David/Cariadoc