[Sca-cooks] Introduction

Michelle Gilyeat mikeylou2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 13 14:00:37 PST 2002

Well, I think it’s about time I went ahead and introduced myself.

Hi.  I’m Michelle.  I’m 26, married, yadda yadda.  No, I don’t have a
SCA name.  [yet.  I’ve been researching my maiden name back to the
1500s.  That’s as far as I’ve been able to get back, but I haven’t
been working on it for awhile.  It’s Wooding, in case you were
interested.]

Ok, so I’ve been in the SCA for a year now, my first meeting was a
Cooks Guild meeting last year.  I’m still trying to figure out what
all I want to learn, and how to manipulate time so that I’ll have the
time to do it all.  I’d tried to get active in the SCA fall 1998, but
I was quite pregnant, and Jer was recovering from an accident, so I
never quite got out and about.

Anyways, I’m in Bright Hills.  I’m from rural Pennsylvania, and
hadn’t heard anything about the SCA until I was in college.  My
senior year roommate had been active in the SCA and told us all about
it.  Speaking of college, I graduated in ’97 with a degree in Physics
& Mathematics.  Not that I do anything with it, I work for Nasdaq in
Computer Ops.

Aside from the SCA, I’ve several other interests.  Final Fantasy X
(and RPGs in general), Crossstitching, web design, music (I sing and
play bassoon) & Sigma Alpha Iota (it’s a professional music
fraternity).  I’ll listen to basically any type of music (except rap
& country) and I’m –really- partial to TMBG, Depeche Mode, B-52’s, &
R.E.M.  I’m actually quite shy (except in text), but it’s hard to be
shy when you’re around Olwen.  :p

We did go to Pennsic last year and camped with House Blackstar (and
Olwen & Chirhart!).  Jer doesn’t want to go to Pennsic again this
year.  He claims burn out.  I think it’s because of our son.  He was
2 and a half last year, is subborn like a mule, and has the attention
span of a gnat.  I’d be more than perfectly happy to go by myself
this year.  J

And I made my dinner again this week.  4 weeks in a row!  This week
was chili.

I’m not very domestic.  My mom tried, but once I went off to college
I went and became a geek.  Now I’m trying to “tap” into those things
my mom taught me when I was little.  Sewing, cooking, etc.

-Michelle

=====