[Sca-cooks] Chocolate chip cookies, was Everyone gone already?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 08:56:04 PST 2002

The Chocolate Chip Cookie seems to have been invented by Ruth Wakefield of the
Toll House inn  near Whitman, Massachusetts in 1930.  She mixed chocolate
chunks into a Butter Drop Do cookie dough, hoping the chocolate would mix in,
but it didn't.  Fortunately.
http://www.kitchenproject.com/history/AmericanHeritageRecipes/ChocolateChipCookie/

ruadh wrote:

> chocolate {Kaluha Royale} to favour the batter [colour too, Leather like].
> Terry's Orange chocolate shaved and smashed for bits.
> Kaluha Royale is a chocolate/orange mocha version of plain Kaluha. Haven't
> seen it on the shelves lately; but then haven't been shopping either.

Hmmm.  Well, I make the stuff at home, we'll have to add a dash of orange peel
to the next batch.  Then, watch out.  YUM!

Selene, Caid