[Sca-cooks] scavenger hunt game

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Thu Feb 14 22:23:55 PST 2002

Cindy asked:
>14- Find a recipe that excites lust.

Well, there are a number of them. There are a number of referances and a
few recipes in this file in the Florilegium:
aphrodisiacs-msg  (15K)  7/31/01    Medieval aphrodisiacs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/aphrodisiacs-msg.html

For instance:
>  _The Book of Secrets of Albertus Magnus of the Virtues of Herbs,
> Stones and Certains Beasts_ ed. Michael R. Best & Frank H. Brightman
> (London: Oxford University Press,1973).  The english version of this
> anthology dates from 1550.

> Periwinkle  "When it is beaten unto powder with worms of the earth wrapped
> 		about it, and with an herb called Semperviva, in English
> 		Houseleek, it induceth love between man and wife if it be
> 		used in their meats." p.8

Oohh. And maybe a European recipe for worms, that I think has been
asked for previously on this list.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net