[Sca-cooks] Everyone gone already?

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 15 09:41:22 PST 2002

Chip wrote:

> Lovely traditions.  I feel an A&S research paper coming on.
> "Plastic Baby Jesus: Pre-Lenten Traditions in Western Europe and Their
> Effects on Modern New World Celebrations".
>
> Probably been done before, though.  Time for more research.

Whilst shopping for videos at Suncoast last eve [got the animated Tolkien
I was missing, one Red Dwarf tape and DVD of "The Slipper and the Rose"],
I saw for sale a pleasant plastic Buddy Jesus from "Dogma".  Art is
becoming life here.

Another modern but charming story involving a holiday cake with trinkets
in it is in J.R.R. Tolkien's "Smith of Wooton Major."

Selene, Caid