[Sca-cooks] wheat-free dairy-free diet in period or OOP

Linda M. Kalb lmkalb at mail.med.upenn.edu
Fri Feb 15 10:02:58 PST 2002

At 11:21 AM 2/15/02, you wrote:

>First and best suggestion is get ye hence to a celiac website. i have posted
>a rice based batter bread that is most suitable onlist before, Adamantius
>may still have a copy of it lurking on his hard drive, I am at work and am
>very limited in what I can actually do vis-a-vis searching online to provide
>urls...

I'd love to see the recipe!

>as to dairy, why are you fixated on switching him to soy milk? have you an
>incredibly overwhelming need for him to drink a chalky looking white liquid?

He loves chocolate milk so I was looking for a substitute.  He also has a
predilection for liquids in general (he will drink as much fruit juice and
tomato juice as I give him and beg for more) and doesn't like meat.  He
won't touch it.  So if you know of more nutritious liquids he can drink,
please let me know.

>Milk is not the best and ultimate source of munchkin nutrition available. If
>you want it for cereal liquifying, well - as a celiac he can't have cereal
>anyway ;-)

He's not celiac as far as I know.  But he does have esophageal reflux and
possible allergies.  His long-term diarrhea stopped and he finally had a
normal bowel movement when he stopped drinking cow's milk.

Inga/Linda