[Sca-cooks] Chocolate chip cookies, was Everyone gone already?

Randy Goldberg MD goldberg at bestweb.net
Fri Feb 15 11:57:23 PST 2002

> Ah, what could be better to do than a chocolate chip
> cookie? They aren't politically controversial, there
> aren't any blue laws or religious ramifications
> involving them (unless we want to create the Church of
> the Chocolate Chip Cookie, but Adamantius had better
> come up with a good recipe if he wants to be our Deity
> ;-), even the vegetarians can participate, no matter
> what flavor veggieism they prefer. And, at only about
> 80 calories per 16 g cookie, anybody can include one
> as part of a reasonably balanced diet.

Sadly, they're only 80 calories if they're in the "Chips Ahoy" size. The
monster-gigundo David's/Mrs Fields/Great American Chocolate Chip Cookie Company
varieties are a heck of a lot more than 80 calories.

For reference (yeah, I know you all know this), 16 gm is just a bit more than
half an ounce US.

Avraham